Some thoughts and facts about PiURL:
- people find the page easy and useful (most of this feedback is from friends, thank you!)
- anonymous people also use the service 90% times.
- over 100 urls
- Used by: personal websites, affiliates, adult content, listings,…
- Used for: web pages, photos (photobucket), blogs posts, maps (google), videos(youtube),…
- over 1200 hits
- the extra effort of making a long url short doesn’t worth the effort of a visit to the site, add the link to the toolbar in FireFox or add it to your favorites in IE.
- revise your code & regexps
- do not trust user input, trim & strip_tags
- use behaviour analytics crazyegg, robotreplay and Google analytics.
- think in scalability
- trust is key
So thinking in scalability my next steps:
- prepare MySQL (I am deciding about it)
- update working code to the scalable MySQL structure
- develop an API for developers
- GET TRUST — charge all ODP /DMOZ urls – almost 5,000000 links -in the system using PiURL API
So probably my next post: PiURL.com API for developers released